|Objectives and Working Methods|
A detailed description of the objectives and working methods of the JCA-Mgt is available in its Terms of Reference document.
Other documents related to JCA-Mgt activities are available in the Website/FTP area http://ifa.itu.int/t/sftp/jcamgt/.
The JCA-Mgt will stimulate the progression of management standardization work in a well-coordinated way. Planning issues can be brought to the attention of the JCA-Mgt.
- The JCA-Mgt will facilitate work assignments among the involved Study Groups and coordination among other relevant SDOs/fora when it is not clear where the work should be done and recommend an allocation of tasks. The support of SG 4 in its role as Lead SG for Telecommunication Management should be solicited as needed.
- The JCA-Mgt will analyze management standardization work items and associated specifications and support the development by SG 4 of an associated roadmap based initially upon the output of the NGNMFG.
- The JCA-Mgt analysis will identify areas of duplication and facilitate harmonization of the related specifications and identify areas where specifications are needed. To support these activities, the JCA-Mgt will actively manage the harmonization and/or development of said specifications in the relevant ITU-T SGs and SDOs/fora by closely working with them and tracking their results.
- The JCA-Mgt will act as a point of contact within ITU-T and with other SDOs/fora to support management specification coordination, harmonization, and generation.
- In carrying out the JCA-Mgt’s internal coordination role, participants in the JCA-Mgt will include representatives of relevant ITU-T Study Groups and other ITU groups.
- In carrying out the JCA-Mgt’s external coordination role, representatives from other relevant SDOs/fora and regional/national organizations will be invited to join the JCA-Mgt.
Restricted to TIES users only.
The JCA-Mgt is meeting virtually about every 6 weeks. These virtual meetings are supported by conference call and web based meeting facilities. Information about meeting dates and meeting documents are available at the Website/FTP Area http://ifa.itu.int/t/sftp/jcamgt/.
|Participation is open to leaders and other invited individuals from organizations with expertise and specifications applicable to management interfaces, including the following: |
- ITU-T SGs 2, 13, 15 and 17
- ETSI TISPAN (WG8)
- ATIS TMOC and OBF
- 3GPP SA5
- 3GPP2 TSG-S (WG2)
- TM Forum
- IEEE 802.1
- IETF Operations and Management Area
- OASIS (WSDM and TMS)