The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations Education, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are pleased to invite you to the WSIS Forum 2019, which the ITU will host in Geneva (Switzerland) from 8 to 12 April 2019.
To ensure gender balance at the WSIS Forum 2019 we encourage all WSIS Stakeholders planning to be present at the Forum to nominate the women speakers for sessions and workshops, in particular the high-level segment.
Registration is necessary for all WSIS Stakeholders intending to participate in the Forum in April or the Open Consultation Process physical meetings.
For registration to the preparatory phase physical meetings please refer to the Open Consultation Process page.
How to register:
Accreditation is required in order to attend ITU WSIS Forums.
Accreditation is a continuous process. An organization that was granted accreditation in 2018 will normally be entitled to attend this year’s Forum, under condition that the status of the entity and/or participant has not changed since the last accreditation. In any case, ITU reserves the right to request new documents of credentials if it deems necessary.
Participants employed by the following entities will be accredited (under condition that the link between the participant and the entity is obvious) – individuals from these entities must nevertheless duly complete the registration form (accessible via the e-questionnaire, see further down):
- a Member State of the United Nations or of one of its Specialized Agencies;
- the European Union;
- entities, intergovernmental organizations and other entities that have received a standing invitation from the UN General Assembly to participate in the capacity of observers in the sessions and work of all international conferences convened under the UNGA auspices;
- the Specialized Agencies, the IAEA, the WTO, the OPCW and the CTBTO;
- other intergovernmental organizations invited by the ITU Secretary-General;
- interested organs of the United Nations;
- associate members of UN Regional Commissions;
- ITU Sector Members, Associates and Academia; and
- non-governmental organizations, civil society, and business sector entities that had physically attended the WSIS Forum in 2018 (under condition that their status and the status of the applicants has not evolved since their last accreditation).
Other non-governmental organizations, civil society, and business sector entities not yet accredited or whose status has changed, willing to attend the WSIS Forum 2019 and/or contribute, must fill out the e-questionnaire (see under Registration process). Participants in need of a visa are advised to complete the accreditation procedures as early as possible so to make sure they are confirmed before organizing their visa process.
Registration process for on-site participation
Please make sure you have read the accreditation process before registering.
If you were already an accredited DFP last year and if the status of your entity has not changed: an e-letter containing detailed information on how to register your team has normally already been sent to you earlier in January. Accredited DFPs can access directly the secured online registration form below:
Non-accredited entities/individuals, or individuals accredited in 2018 but not registered via a DFP: for those who didattend an ITU WSIS Forum in the past two years, please duly complete the e-questionnaire (mandatory) as well as the registration form (see below). For those who attended as an individual in the past two years please go directly to the registration form accessible via the e-questionnaire.
Registration requests for non-accredited entities/individuals may not be answered if not accompanied by the/or with an incomplete e-questionnaire.
Access to the e-questionnaire https://www.itu.int/en/wsis/Pages/expression-interest.aspx(to be completed in English, French or Spanish only):
Note: each accredited participant will receive an e-confirmation to the email address provided in the registration form. The e-confirmation will be the sole document provided for visa support.