Agency Development in Digital Era
Evolution of Mind Life Society Research Institute (EMLS RI)
Which kind of society do you want to create and live in?
Digital technology revolution is affecting personal life, the functioning of society, the globe and the ecosystem as a whole. Information, jobs, power restructuring at all level and sectors are shaking the foundations of stable and secure societal development. Privacy erosion through data surveillance biz model, election campaign meddling with social media micro targeting, and exponential econo-political power inequality amplification are observed, to name just a few. As a result of the global tech-societal revolution, agents in various sectors and the leaders feel a loss in confidence.
Even with an unpredictable future, if agency is alive, we take up issues and build institutions and global future society with own World Vision. Through tackling issues, we develop confidence, identity and World Vision, and take further demanding challenges so the agents and the society co-develop and evolve further.
The technology has already brought a necessity of Democracy, inevitable power sharing by all for all. We are living in an unprecedented human civilization that is why our old minds are struggling how to govern and manage against the civilizational necessity. We see Young Climate Change protesters, Metoo movements in the world, and Taiwan’s Liquid Democratic system with citizen movement. Young untamed generations are global civilizational hope. Young have their voice expressed, heard and could be a linchpin to build the future.
How can we overcome the difficulty to bring Global Humane Democracy value creating symbiosis by all for all? Release your World Vision into your projects, with understanding and due care with ethical considerations. Adding diversity with vision and functions with specific purpose into global future society are needed, particularly now. The process itself strengthens the identity of the agent and its development. Technology is only an enabler of your world future vision, not the other way around. Switch off your mobile if that can clarify what your Calling is, to create personal space to deepen the connection to the self and the world by reflecting who you are. Always you are the agent to create your World Vision and realize by your way.
This session discusses examples of how to develop to govern the technology for Humanity Democracy and life-nonlife-info Symbiotic global Evolution (HDS E) through four levels of digital management: Data, Algorithm, Platform, Internet.
1. Conceptualise the project: Each agent starts to build safe / secure risk management for the own or beyond/all, with the integrative drive for common good.
e.g. Liquid Democratic System: democratize decision making process; fisherman marketing system: cost effective fishing / marketing / R&D
2. Build the project: Ethical consideration.
e.g. infrastructural development of internet systems and mechanisms based on ethical standards, certification creations for algorithmic bias consideration, data, algorithmic system, platform and internet management; developing a governance framework for “AI Transparency and Accountability”.
3. Test and evaluate the project: Sandbox testing of the function of projects for local, (inter)national, organizational or specific purpose. Issues are discussed for testing with data, algorithmic system, platform security, internet infrastructure security / management / creation of values.
Dr. Yohko Hatada, Founder and Directeor, Evolution of Mind Life Society (EMLS RI), Japan, UK
Dr. Yohko Hatada, Founder and Directeor, Evolution of Mind Life Society (EMLS RI), Japan, UK www.emlsri.org
Dr. Ansgar R. Koene, University of Nottingham, UK
Session's link to WSIS Action Lines
- C1. The role of public governance authorities and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development
- C2. Information and communication infrastructure
- C3. Access to information and knowledge
- C4. Capacity building
- C5. Building confidence and security in the use of ICTs
- C6. Enabling environment
- C7. ICT Applications: E-government
- C7. ICT Applications: E-business
- C7. ICT Applications: E-science
- C8. Cultural diversity and identity, linguistic diversity and local content
- C9. Media
- C10. Ethical dimensions of the Information Society
- C11. International and regional cooperation
Session's link to Sustainable Development Process
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
- Goal 17: Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development