Action Lines C1, C7 E-Government and C11: Digital Government Assessment, Promotion of New Technologies and Partnerships
United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
The overall aim of this facilitation meeting is to bring together all WSIS stakeholders and discuss major developments on below WSIS Action Lines:
- C1 - The role of public governance authorities and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development
- C7 - ICT Applications: E-government
- C11 - International and regional cooperation
The session will have two parts.
During part 1, we will cover United Nations E-Government Survey and its methodology . This will be a good opportunity for member states to provide inputs how the Survey can better capture the e-government development worldwide. We will also hear from other international organizations how to best assess the progress in e-government development worldwide.
During part 2, we will hear latest trends and developments from speakers on promotion of ICTs for development, and international and regional cooperation.
An interactive dialogue with the audience is the main goal of this session. Please click here to read the concept note.
Mr. Deniz Susar, Governance and Public Administration Officer, UNDESA
Digital Government (C7-eGov)
- Mr. Vincenzo Aquaro, Chief, Digital Government Branch, UNDESA
- Dr. Morten Meyerhoff Nielsen, Academic Fellow, United Nations University
Mr. João Ricardo Vasconcelos, Policy Analyst, Digital Government and Open Data, OECD
Promotion of ICTs for development (C1) & International and regional cooperation (C11)
- Ms. Lynn St. Amour , Chair, Multistakeholder Advisory Group, Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
- Mr. Mark Minevich, Founding Partner, Going Global Ventures, Sr.Fellow to US Council on Competitiveness and Founding Chairman of AI Pioneers Forum
- Mr. Richard Kerby, LLC - Richard Kerby, President
Please click here to see the outcome document of the WSIS session.
Session's link to WSIS Action Lines
- C1. The role of public governance authorities and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development
- C7. ICT Applications: E-government
- C11. International and regional cooperation
Session's link to Sustainable Development Process
- Goal 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
- Goal 17: Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development