Join an influential and diverse speaker line-up at the leading United Nations' tech event, ITU Telecom World 2017 in Busan, Republic of Korea, this September, including:
- Shahzad Gul Aryobee, Acting Minister MCIT, Afghanistan
- Michele Franci, CTO, Inmarsat
- Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information & Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs, Singapore
- Danielle Jacobs, Chairman, INTUG
- Juan Antonio Ketterer, Inter-American Development Bank, Division Chief, Connectivity, Markets And Finance
- Akinori Maemura, Board Director ICANN
- German Dario Arias Pimienta, Executive Director, Comisión de Regulación de Comunicaciones (CRC) Colombia
- Sergei Popkov, Minister, Ministry of Communications and Informatization, Belarus
- Raphael Rollier, Head of Smart Cities Programme, Swisscom
- Adebayo Shittu, Minister of Communications, Federal Ministry of Communications, Nigeria
- Birendra Sasmal, CEO, Subah Infosolution
- Jean Michel Serre, CEO, Orange Japan
- Winnie Tang, Founder and Honorary President, SCC Smart City Consortium
- Julie Linn Teigland, Regional Managing Partner Germany, Switzerland and Austria, Ernst & Young
- Marc Vancoppenolle, Global Head of Government Relations, Nokia
- Rob Van Den Dam, Global Telecommunications Industry Leader, IBM Institute for Business Value
Discussions will explore smart digital transformation and the global opportunities it offers. Forum debates will open with a high-level Leadership Summit – moderated by Jeremy Wilkes of Euronews – focusing on visions of smart societies in the future, as well as the best ways to build resilience into smart technologies, systems and cities.
Subsequent Forum sessions will delve into topics key to maximizing the opportunities of smart digital transformation, including: how telecommunications companies can transform their operations; how we can develop and scale digital literacy; which industry sectors are most likely to lead the 5G revolution; and the potential impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on financial services. The full programme is available here
"I am pleased to welcome speakers from across the ICT ecosystem, from government leaders to financial institutions, operators, vendors, international organizations and more," said ITU Secretary-General Houlin Zhao. "I am confident that these different perspectives will help ensure a broad-reaching dialogue on the challenges and opportunities of our smart digital transformation."
Media accreditation, enabling free access to the event, is now open. ITU Telecom World 2017 takes places from 25-28 September in smart city pioneer Busan, in the Republic of Korea, one of the most technologically-advanced nations on earth and top of ITU's ICT Development Index in 2016.
Comprising an international tech exhibition of smart solutions, a forum for sharing knowledge, a networking hub for corporates, governments and SMEs, and the influential ITU Telecom World Awards programme for innovative ICT solutions with social impact, the Event provides a unique international platform that brings together developed and emerging markets, public and private sector leaders, and industry representatives from across the ICT ecosystem.
For accreditation and procedures, please see: http://telecomworld.itu.int/take-part/media-accreditation/
For full details on ITU Telecom World 2017 click here
For full details on the Forum programme click here
For more information, please contact:
For further information on ITU Telecom World 2017 please visit http://telecomworld.itu.int/