|ITU Regional Forum 2012: “Bridging the standardization gap for RCC countries"|
|“Development and introduction of the standardization system on the basis of the OJSC “Rostelecom”:
Vladimir Efimushkin, Director of the scientific activity of the FSUE
ZNIIS, Co-authors: Alexander Adzhemov, Director General of the FSUE
ZNIIS, Ivan Zima, Vice-President, Technical Director of the OJSC
The presentation considers the following questions:
1. Goals of standardization. From idea to implementation through standardization and testing.
2. Standardization system of Rostelecom. Classifier of the standardization system.
3. Standardization’s field of integrated network solution. Examples of created standards.
4. Single testing system for integrated network solutions on compliance with corporate technical standards. Activity arrangement of single testing system.
5. Model telecommunication network, testing and standardization portals, traffic imitation complex. Architecture of model telecommunication network of Rostelecom.
6. Testing on model telecommunication network. Testing with connection to operator’s network (distributed pilot zone). Testing practices.
7. Joint activity with ITU. ITU project «International Telecommunication Testing Center ». Virtual laboratory and its objects.
|"Universalization of broadband access as an aspect of the development of next-generation networks in Uzbekistan": Asiljan Mirhabibov, Head of the Communications and Informatization Department of the SUE UNICON.UZ|
This presentation is focused on the consideration of the broadband access as one of essential factor in rendering unrestricted number of telecommunication services by next generation networks. Review of the current state of development of broadband access in the Republic of Uzbekistan is provided.
|Conformance and Interoperability: the
view from ITU-R: Albert Nalbandian, Adviser to the Minister of
Transport and Communication, Republic of Armenia, Vice-Chairman
This presentation will provide an overview of the ITU measures to reduce current standardization gap of ICT standardization, related to the RCC countries. In particular, it is noted that free access to the basic texts of the Union helps to fulfil the core purposes of the Union, as defined in Article 1 of the Constitution.
The special attention paid to Studies related to conformance and interoperability testing of international telecommunication networks from ITU-R point of view.
Some proposals to reduce current standardization gap in the RCC countries are formulated.
|Work of ITU-T SG 15: Victor Katok,
Vice-Chairman of ITU-T Study Group 15, Director of Department of
Scietific and Technical Policy of the JSC “Ukrtelecom”|
The structure and area of the responsibility of SG-15 ITU-T “Optical transport networks and access network infrastructures” are resulted. New directions of research SG-15 in the current research period are described, noted Lead Study Group Activities. Are described Lead study group activities on Access Network Transport and on Optical Technology and on Optical Transport Networks; titles and the list of questions of all WP SG-15 are specified. Also it is specified the information about Management Team and Secretariat SG-15. The basic results of work SG in the research period 2009 – 2012 are described. In the presentation questions of preparation SG-15 to WTSA-12 are considered.
|Work of ITU-T SG 16 - Activities and Questions
of SG 16: development of IPTV services on the basis of ITU-T
Recommendations in RCC countries: Muzaffar Djalalov, SG 16 member, Head of the International Relations Department of the SUE UNICON.UZ|
Study Group 16 leads the ITU-T work on multimedia (MM) coding, terminals, systems and applications, including the coordination of the studies among the various ITU-T SGs. Responsible for studies relating to ubiquitous applications, multimedia capabilities for services and applications for existing and future networks, including NGN and beyond. Questions under SG-16 related to Network signal processing and voiceband terminals, Applications and systems and Media coding.
IPTV operators in developing countries are striving to introduce basic IPTV technology and compete with conventional cable systems. Conventional cable operators have enmity towards IPTV technology. But there are many problems left: incompatibility solutions of different companies, adding and supporting new services to existing solutions, limitation of network bandwidth, convergence of IOTV and mobile TV etc. So, standardization is the solution for compatibility. And especially if it’s global standardization such as ITU.
|RCC Regional Preparatory Meeting for the World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly (WTSA-12)|
|Maintenance of calculation and planning of NGN
in the RCC countries with a view of a unified degree of quality of
networks and provision of services: Vladimir Efimushkin,
Director on scientific activity of the FSUE ZNIIS, Co-author: Tatiana
Ledovskikh, Deputy Director on scientific activity of the FSUE ZNIIS|
The presentation considers the following questions:
1. Network Design and Planning. Quality of Network Performance and Services Provision
2. Expected effect: Achievement of QoS stable level, growth of customers
loyalty and competitive strength of services, enhancement of efficiency
indicators of telecom operators.
3. Best practices: Telecom Italia – IP Transformation Initiative, NGN2
Initiative, France Telecom – Next Strategy, Orange 2012, British
Telecom, TeliaSonera – PROFITS, Deutsche Telekom, France Telecom-Orange.
4. ZNIIS Competence. Methodware and software for telephone networks, SDH
and DWDM networks, IP/MPLS networks, path QoS and reliability,
optimization of reservation and tunneling schemes for IP/MPLS networks,
traffic engineering. Network planning experience for operators
Rostelecom, Sibirtelecom, Megafon, MTT, Uralsviazinform, Tattelecom,
Kazakhtelecom, Centrobank, FSK EES, MOESK RAO EES, Komkor.
5. Some ZNIIS’ success practice and projects in QoS:
• Development of requirements for QoS management system for telecom operators (RSS);
• Development of concept of QoS management system for telecom operators (RSS);
• Development of methodological techniques for operational control of network performance quality parameters (Rostelecom);
• Development of technique for quality measures and readiness index
planning for fault-tolerant fiber-optic circuit structures (Rostelecom);
• Development and regulation of QoS key measures. Development of SLA in QoS measures part (Rostelecom);
• Development of typical SLAs for IN services and VPN (MTT).
6. Ensuring unified level of networks performance и QoS needs:
Methodological base, Networks planning and design, reliability
estimation, QoS Control, SLA.
7. Growth of CIS, CEE and Baltic States inter state telecommunications:
Fast growth of telecom operators’ interconnection and amounts of data
transmitted; need for uniform usage of parameters and methodological
approaches for calculating and measuring of quality of network
performance and services provision in across-the-border communications.
8. ZNIIS proposes to initiate joint project to aim a solution for
methodical support (Methodware) of NGN Planning and Design in CIS, CEE
and Baltic States for Ensuring Unified Level of Networks Performance и
|RCC Regional Preparatory Meeting for the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT-12) |