JCA-CIT coordinates work undertaken by ITU-T Study Groups in driving ITU’s Conformance and Interoperability (C&I) Programme, ensuring that these expert groups collaborate efficiently within ITU and with other standards development organizations (SDOs). JCA-CIT also supports ITU-T Study Groups’ identification of technologies suited to C&I testing, and acts as the first point of contact for organizations interested in contributing to ITU’s C&I Programme.
JCA-CIT has been active in ITU-T since 2007. The parent group of JCA-CIT was changed from ITU-T Study Group 17 (Security) to ITU-T Study Group 11 (Protocols and test specifications) by agreement of the World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly (WTSA-12), Dubai, UAE, 20-29 November 2012.
Organization of JCA-CIT
JCA-CIT meets primarily by electronic means such as email and conference calls. The JCA-CIT webpage provides all relevant information and documentation, including the minutes of past meetings.
JCA-CIT includes participants from ITU-T Study Groups as well as other bodies involved in C&I testing such as ETSI, IECEE, IEC-CAB, ISO CASCO, ILAC/IAF, DCMAS and OMA. JCA-CIT will continue to invite participation from representatives of other interested organizations (SDOs, forums, consortia, manufacturers, vendors, etc.).
TERM OF REFERENCE (TSAG-13 TD/GEN-85R1)
Scope: The Terms of Reference of JCA-CIT are consistent with clause 2.2 of Recommendation ITU-T A.1. The scope of JCA-CIT is to coordinate activities among the ITU-T study groups for the implementation of Resolution 76 (WTSA-12) on Conformance and Interoperability.
- JCA-CIT activity aims to facilitate the coordination among the ITU-T study groups, regarding the implementation of the C&I Programme, according to the mandate set out by Resolution 76 (WTSA-12), taking into account the ITU-T SG11 action plan
- JCA-CIT should encourage the participation of interested parties in the ITU C&I Programme and in the population of its databases. Representatives from other relevant standards development organizations, regional/national organizations, consortia and forums may be invited to join the JCA-CIT, as appropriate
- JCA-CIT assists ITU-T SG11 in the creation and maintenance of a relevant living list of the technologies identified by the relevant study groups as suitable for conformance testing and interoperability testing
- JCA-CIT assists ITU-T SG11 in its coordination activities for running a pilot project of the conformance assessment for ITU-T Recommendations on key technologies identified by the relevant study groups
- Develop a common understanding of Conformance testing versus Interoperability testing among the study groups
- Promote the use of a common terminology and methodology for testing among ITU-T study groups and other ITU Sectors
- Proposes working methods to co-ordinate activities
- JCA-CIT assists ITU-T SG11 in its activity to identify key technologies that could be a candidate for the ITU-T conformance and interoperability programme for possible introduction of an ITU Mark in line with the conclusion of the Council-13
ITU-T Telecommunications Standardization Bureau (TSB) will provide secretariat and facilities required by JCA-CIT
JCA-CIT will work electronically using electronic working methods and with face-to-face meetings which will normally occur concurrently with study groups involved in the JCA-CIT. Meetings will be held as determined by the JCA-CIT and will be announced to its participants and on the ITU-T website. The meetings should be coordinated with relevant ITU-T study groups and standards development organizations, consortia and forums
The JCA-CIT will report its activities to ITU-T SG11 at its meetings