|Aalborg, Denmark, 8-9 October 2012
Recognizing the important role international standards play in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) field, and the key contribution academia makes by producing standards-minded graduates, the ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T), the Global ICT Standardization Forum for India (GISFI), Dansk Standard (DS), and Aalborg University’s Center for TeleInFrastruktur (CTIF) are organizing a joint Standards Education Workshop to be held at Aalborg University, 8-9 October 2012.
This workshop builds on the outcomes of the ITU Webinar on Standards Education hosted by ITU-T on 30 April 2012, with the objective of exploring the standardization curricula currently offered by different academic institutions.
ITU academia members and selected international academic institutions will be invited to share details of their standardization curricula and thereby aid in the development of an ITU repository of standards courses currently on offer. The repository will provide a useful resource to individuals interested in the study of ICT standards and to institutions deciding on the content of standards courses as they develop them. In addition, it will examine means to develop such curricula and ways to encourage other institutions to integrate similar courses in the programs on offer to their students.
All relevant stakeholders, inter alia:
- ITU Academia Members
- Academic institutions, research centres and laboratories
- Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs)
- National Standards Bodies (NSBs)
- International Organizations, private companies, industry associations, individual entrepreneurs interested in education about standardization
- National governments and regional bodies
TSB Director’s Ad hoc Group on Education about Standardization
Its first meeting will be held during this workshop, on 8 October 2012, 17h40.
- Organized by: ITU, GISFI, DS and CTIF
- Date: 8-9 October 2012
- Venue: Aalborg University, Denmark (8 Oct: Niels Jernes Vej 14, room 4-111; 9 Oct: Niels Jernes Vej 10, NOVI Auditorium, NOVI)
Step two: On the day and time of the workshop, proceed to the Adobe Connect meeting room
and enter as a “guest” using your full name and organization/country
Related Topics, Study Groups, Organizations
Convening Letter, Registration and Programme
In partnership with: