10.15 – 12.00 ||
Leadership debate: Beyond 2020 - Challenges, opportunities, scenariosKeynote: Mr Kemal Huseinovic, Chief, Department of Infrastructure, Enabling Environment and E-Applications, ITU/BDT (presentation)
Mr Brahima Sanou, BDT Director, ITU
- H.E. Yasser ElKady, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, and Chairman of the Board, NTRA, Egypt
- Ms Kathleen Riviere-Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority, Bahamas
- Dr Ibrahim Sarhan,
Chairman & Managing Director, e-finance, Egypt
- Mr Serge Essongue, Executive Secretary, Autorité de Régulation des Communications électroniques et des Postes, Gabon
- Eng. Tamer Gadalla, Chief Executive Officer, Telecom Egypt
- Mr Kalpak Gude, Vice-President Legal and Regulatory, Oneweb
This leadership debate will examine:
Artificial Intelligence, smart sensors, smart networks – where do we go from here?
- As things get smarter, will smart machines take over?
- What are the kind of policy and regulatory frameworks needed to ensure disruptive technologies bring new opportunities for all in a sustainable manner?
- How to maintain trust in ICTs in an era of big data, Internet of everything, machine learning and smart digital environments?
How can consumers get smarter?
- Will it be business as usual?
15.45 – 17.00|
Session 2 - Digital financial inclusion – how to include the unbanked and unconnected in today’s smart society?
Moderator: Mr Jean-Louis Beh Mengue, Director-General, Autorité de Régulation des Télécommunications, Cameroon
- H.E. Mr Al-Ansari Almashakbeh, Vice-Chairman and Board Member, Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC), Jordan
- Mr Hemant Baijal, Vice-President, Mastercard
- Dr Safa Nassereldin, Chairperson, FTTH Council MENA
- Mr Thierry Millet, Senior Vice President, Mobile Financial Services and NFC, Orange Mobile Money
- Mr Ahmed A. Faragallah, Head of Payment Systems Department, Central Bank of Egypt
- Mr Jawad Abbassi, Head of MENA, GSMA
This session will be an interactive panel session on:
How to include the unbanked and unconnected in today’s smart society?
- Collaborative regulation to foster an enabling environment for digital financial services