Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU), is an accredited public university, hosting its Faculty of Electrical Engineering. It is an autonomous scientific institution and one of the largest universities in the Czech Republic, and the oldest institute of technology in Central Europe. The CTU is the continuator to the Professional Engineering School, founded in 1707 on the basis of the imperial rescript. The CTU adopted its actual name, Czech Technical University in Prague, since 1920. At present, CTU has seven faculties. Regarding the date of foundation, the last three are: The faculty of architecture, founded in 1976, the faculty of transportation science in 1993, and faculty of biomedical engineering in 2005.