Accredited journalists attending ITU Telecom World 2016 (Bangkok, 14-17 November) are invited to attend the opening press conference, which will be held on Monday 14 November in room Jupiter 11, at the IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Centre, from 13.30-14.15.
Speakers will include:
- ITU Secretary-General Houlin Zhao;
- Air Chief Marshal Prajin Jungtong, Deputy Prime Minister and Acting Minister of Digital Economy and Society, Royal Thai Government;
- Air Chief Marshal Mr Thares Punsri, Chairman, NBTC (National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission);
- Joy Tan, President, Corporate Communications, Huawei and Calvince Okello, CEO, M-Shamba.
The press conference will outline core areas to be discussed during the week and give media a sneak preview of the exciting programme of events taking place at IMPACT during the week to come.
Organized by ITU, the United Nations specialized agency for ICTs, ITU Telecom World 2016 will be hosted by the government of the Kingdom of Thailand. It will bring together influential participants and speakers spanning key policy makers, regulators, industry experts, investors, SMEs and innovators from across the world. Comprised of a global tech exhibition, a Leadership Forum for knowledge sharing and an awards programme, the event will also act as a networking hub for corporate, government and SME leaders.
Forum discussions will be launched by a high-level panel at the Forum Opening, followed by the Leadership Summit, which convenes highest-level experts from the public and private sectors to look at why collaboration is so important for growing the digital economy. Sessions will then explore topics including artificial intelligence, 5G, the connected car, digital financial services, ICTs and meeting the Sustainable Development Goals and more. The full Forum programme is available here and the speaker listing is here.
Other Forum highlights will include:
- B2B and B2G dialogues - frank conversation between SMEs, governments and business leaders on strengthening cross-industry collaboration and accelerating innovation;
- Ministerial Roundtable on the crucial role of governments in advancing digital economy;
- Economic and Industry Roundtable, bringing together global ICT consulting firms, R&D entities, regional and international organizations;
- Asia Pacific Exchange on Broadband Regulation and Policy (co-hosted with Huawei).
The exhibition showcases digital solutions and investment opportunities from countries and companies from emerging and developed markets, including SMEs.
Don't miss the ITU Telecom World Awards, recognizing excellence and innovation in ICT solutions with social impact from SMEs and corporates alike.
ITU Telecom World 2016 will also provide perspectives from across ITU and its membership and partners, with a host of exciting co-hosted events from ITU's worldwide community.
The conference will also include a number of key signings of agreements and contracts between governments, regulatory bodies and the private sector.
What: Opening press conference to launch ITU Telecom World 2016
When: Monday 14 November 2016, 13.30-14.15, Room Jupiter 11
Where: Impact Exhibition and Convention centre, Bangkok, Thailand
Note: Media accreditation for ITU Telecom World 2016, 14-17 November 2016, enabling free access to the event for registered media and analysts, is open. Accreditation is compulsory.
UN Press accreditation is valid, but registration is required to obtain an event badge.
Journalists and analysts who have already been formally accredited for ITU events in 2016 and whose details have not changed do not need to re-submit accreditation credentials, but still need to register for an event badge.
Accreditation and registration for ITU Telecom World 2016 in advance is highly recommended to avoid queues and delays onsite.