Council 2009 approved the recommendation that the Director of TSB, in close collaboration with the Director of BDT, convenes a group open to the membership of ITU-T and ITU-D to conduct further activities toward the implementation of WTSA Resolution 64 liaising as appropriate with ITU-D and ITU-T study groups (see C09/29). Its fourth meeting on 12 June 2012 decided to close this group as it has completed its work.
Terms of Reference
- To draft a global policy proposal for the reservation of a large IPv6 block, taking into consideration the future needs of developing countries, as outlined in paragraph 23 of C09/29.
- To further study possible methodologies and related implementation mechanisms to ensure ‘equitable access’ to IPv6 resource by countries.
- To further study the possibility for ITU to become another Internet Registry, and propose policies and procedures for ITU to manage a reserved IPv6 block.
- To further study the feasibility and advisability of implementing the CIR model for those countries who would request national allocations.
- To assist in the implementation of the project called for by Resolution 64, taking into account the needs at regional and national level in terms of capacity building and allocation policies.
- To report to ITU Council 2010.
Composition & participation
The Group on IPv6 is open to all ITU Member States, and Sector Members of ITU-T and ITU-D.
Chairman: Mr. Mohammed Al Khamis (United Arab Emirates)
Secretariat: Ms. Xiaoya Yang (ITU-TSB)
ITU-D Correspondence Group on IPv6 mailing list:
To sign up for the correspondence groups, please see:
Correspondence Group archives: