The inter-Sector coordination team (ISCT) is jointly established by the Advisory Groups of all three Sectors, in order to avoid duplication of effort and optimize the use of resources. While executing its functions it will:
- identify subjects common to the three Sectors, or, bilaterally, and consider an updated list (prepared by the Secretariat) containing the areas of mutual interest to the three Sectors pursuant to the mandates assigned by each ITU assembly or conference;
- identify the necessary mechanisms to strengthen cooperation and joint activity among the three Sectors or with each Sector, on issues of mutual interest, paying particular attention to the interests of the developing countries;
- report annually to the respective advisory groups on the progress of the work undertaken.
a) Resolution 191 (Busan, 2014) of the Plenipotentiary Conference, on strategy for the coordination of efforts among the three Sectors the Union;
b) Resolution ITU-R 6-1 (Rev. Geneva, 2007) of RA, on liaison and collaboration with the ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T), and Resolution ITU-R 7-2 (Rev. Geneva, 2012) of RA, on telecommunication development including liaison and collaboration with the ITU Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D);
c) Resolutions 44 and 45 (Rev. Dubai, 2012) of WTSA, on mutual cooperation and integration of the activities of ITU-T and ITU-D;
d) Resolution 57 (Rev. Dubai, 2012) of WTSA, on strengthening coordination and cooperation among the ITU Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R), ITU-T and ITU-D on matters of mutual interest;
e) Resolution 5 (Rev. Dubai 2014) of WTDC, on enhanced participation by developing countries in the activities of the Union;
f) Resolution 18 (Rev. Dubai, 2012) of WTSA, on principles and procedures for the allocation of work to, and coordination between, the ITU Radiocommunication and ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sectors;
g) Resolution 59 (Rev. Dubai 2014) of WTDC, on strengthening coordination and cooperation among ITU-R, ITU-T and ITU-D on matters of mutual interest.
Composition of the inter-Sector coordination team on issues of mutual interest:
- The inter-Sector coordination team on issues of mutual interest will consist of representatives from the three Advisory Groups, keeping in mind the need for regional balance.
- The ISCT is chaired by Mr Fabio Bigi, and vice-chaired by the appointed RAG, TSAG and TDAG representatives:
- RAG representatives: Mr Peter Major and Mr Albert Nalbandian (Vice-Chairmen of RAG);
- TSAG representatives: Mr Matano Ndaro and Mr Vladimir Minkin (Vice-Chairmen of TSAG);
- TDAG representatives: Mr Mohamed Al Mazrooei and Ms Nurzat Boljobekova (Vice-Chairmen of TDAG).
The support of the group activity will be provided in accordance with Resolution 191 (Busan, 2014).
- The inter-Sector coordination team will use the e-mail list firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The inter-Sector coordination team interactions may include e-mail exchange via the e-mail list or through electronic meetings.
- Possible physical meetings may be held if deemed necessary, preferably in conjunction with advisory group meetings, and within available resources, to finalize the work.
Last updated on 6 January 2016