|Broadcasting Services Division
(BCD) examines notices and submissions for frequency assignments
concerning television and sound broadcasting terrestrial services in all
broadcasting bands (LF, MF, HF, VHF and UHF) and provides assistance to
administrations with respect to the technical, regulatory and
administrative procedures applicable to the planning of terrestrial
Its main activities include:
- Examining proposed modifications to the frequency Plans with
respect to their impact on other administrations in accordance with
the procedures specified in the Regional Agreements.
- Examining proposed notifications for recording in the Master
International Frequency Register (MIFR) in accordance with the Radio
Regulations and associated Regional Agreements.
- Examining the compatibility analysis for HF broadcasting
requirements submitted for inclusion in the seasonal schedules in
accordance with Article 12 of the radio Regulations.
- Providing assistance and training to administrations in the
application of relevant provisions of the Radio Regulations and
- Developing technical softwares that assist administrations in
the planning and coordinating of terrestrial broadcasting services.