Information Security and Education Initiative is running in its 4th year, and was co-sponsored by the UNESCO participation Programme. The main target is to leverage the good of new ICT technology in LDCs (least developed countries), in order to bring prosperity and security.
At this time, the situation in LDCs is often not satisfactory, because any cyber attacker can steal without resistance and a fair chance to be caught. In addition, the attacker may use LDCs network to attack first nations, such that the attacker get away without reasonable prosecution. The latter fact clearly demonstrates that any support of security does not feel good only because of the support, but is also selfish for in respect to the security gain in the first world. This message is paramount and with ISES we want to trigger following processes:
• Stimulate large supplier in engaging in ISES
• Stimulate ISES activity with a large and situation tailored catalogue for bi- and multilateral support systems.
• Creating awareness of the diversity of approaches from policy level to strategic level all the way down to implementation level.
• Enhancing strong knowledge exchange and educational mutual support.
• Opening new opportunities to balance the gender issue.
The organization team (Prof. Bernhard Hämmerli, Prof. Konrad Marfurt, MSc Serah Francis and Raymond Morel (IFIP and Academy of Sciences) will stimulate with a few 7 minutes statements for ISES.
The main goal is the discussion afterwards with the audience. We want to learn from more countries the situation and methods and model which are used for information security and its education. With this exchange we will reach together stronger attention and a better position to organize support for LDC for good of all of us.