ICTs and Sports: How Technology democratized virtual world creation?
Virtuals is a media dedicated to the understanding and promotion of virtual production and real-time filmmaking. We explore the changes brought by real-time technology to the art and business of film production as well as immersive and interactive experiences.
Our scope ranges from new storytelling trends and recent evolutions in 3D pipelines to market analysis and industry news, covering a global phenomenon that is shaping the future of entertainment.
Technology democratized virtual world creation. The lower barriers to entry is great news for individuals or small teams that want to create something entirely within a real-time engine, either as an indie project, as previz or as a pilot for something bigger.
Yingzi YUAN is the co-founder of Virtuals.co.
As a culture and entertainment industry specialist, Yingzi previously worked in entertainment holding group Vivendi (Universal Music, Gameloft...) as an innovation strategist. Then she joined Ubisoft’s Strategic Innovation Lab as an analyst, this background led her to become one of the company's task force with the mission to explore how new technologies could reshape the landscape of entertainment, analyzing their potential impact in various areas.
Previously, Alvaro worked at Eisko as Head of Marketing and Communications, at the crossroads between AI, Games and VFX, with a focus on Digital Humans.
- C2. Information and communication infrastructure
- C4. Capacity building
- C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life — E-government
- C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life — E-business
- C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life — E-learning
- C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life — E-health
- C9. Media
- C10. Ethical dimensions of the Information Society
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15: Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17: Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development