Youth Junior Track: STEAM DAY
Real-World Skills And Big-Time Fun
TechLabs was founded in 2016 to deliver the best possible Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) curricula to children 6-16 years of age. To achieve this, we curate and customize our programs to emphasize real-world skills and cutting-edge technologies, in balance with engagement and most importantly, fun! TechLabs operates throughout Switzerland, partnering with leading educational institutions, foundations and corporate hosts to deliver its events and regularly recurring activities.
We've had multiple successes working with enterprises like the International Girl and Boy Scouts. Both organizations have developed new global badges for their members that recognize participation and achievement in STEM/STEAM related activities. TechLabs has been the vendor of choice to deliver the underlying programs in Switzerland which have been among the most popular programs the children have done. We provided an age-appropriate menu of achievable tasks that echoed our teaching philosophy and produced a long-term interest in the participating children to continue to seek STEM/STEAM educational opportunities.
TechLabs sees WSIS as a key partner to helping amplify our message, that STEM/STEAM is an opportunity for all children, irrespective of their circumstances, to jump-start foundational life skills for the digital age. We anticipate the opportunity to share our STEM/STEAM expertise and passion with the community of stake-holders that participate in the WSIS, and the greater communities-at-large to which the WSIS attendees return.
- Joel Radvanyi, Founder/CEO, Techlabs
- Enrique Calirgos, Regional Director, Techlabs
- Deanna Lobbi, Instructor, Techlabs
- Laurent Naegelen, Instructor, Techlabs
- Miles Prinzen, Instructor, Techlabs
- Alice Fournier, Instructor, Techlabs
- Hadrien Oppikofer, Instructor, Techlabs
- Josef Wiesholzer, Instructor, Techlabs
- Dina Saber, Instructor, Techlabs
- Faysal Saber, Instructor, Techlabs
Session's link to WSIS Action Lines
- C3. Access to information and knowledge
- C5. Building confidence and security in the use of ICTs
- C7. ICT Applications: E-learning
Session's link to Sustainable Development Process
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls