Information about the project
Project title *
A system of Digital Government for automation of document workflows and an electronic based workflow, filling and tracking of all files and documents in the Government offices
A system of Digital Secretariat is to use e-Governance as the tool to improve the Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness in Government administration.
India has been ranked 79th among 176 countries in the Corruption Perception Index 2016 released by the Transparency International organization. Some of the issues plaguing current government administration in India are -
• Red Tapism which involves multiple levels bureaucratic approvals which is time-consuming and slows down decision making .
• Theft and missing of files is also not uncommon in most of the government offices.
• Many times Important/Confidential information leaked before its official release due to lack of proper authorization process.
• The Average turnaround time for a file is about 20 days, in some case it takes a year to clear the file.
In order to address these issues system of Digital Secretariat is designed. By creating digital workflows, it reduces human interventions resulting decimation in corruption level in government offices.
The system provides automation of document workflows and envisages an electronic based file movement system for all files and documents in the Government offices. It also includes comprehensive knowledge management system that would function as an electronic repository of all important information such as past decisions, Government orders and Government Acts that helps instant references and facilitates quick decision making.
Geographical coverage *
Local implementation: India, State of Chhatisgarh
* Department of Electronics & IT, Government of Chhattisgarh
* General Administration Department, Government of Chhattisgarh
* Naya Raipur Development Authority ( NRDA)