SG12 work programme and quality of service/quality of experience (QoS/QoE) coordination in ITU-T
(Continuation of Question 1/12 - SG 12 work programme and QoS/QoE coordination in the ITU T)Motivation
A Study Group should identify new or revised Questions to enable its programme of work to evolve. But for new work proposals, a home is needed when they are not directly related to existing Questions. This Question provides that home. Additionally, this Question can address actions requested of the Study Group that have no associated Question or Rapporteur.
SG12 is the Lead Study Group on QoS/QoE, and this Question is where SG12 can provide cross-ITU SG coordination for the many aspects of QoS in order to foster consistency within the ITU, and with related external organizations (e.g. 3GPP, IETF).
SG12 works proactively to help bridge the standardization gap in the area of QoS/QoE. The Regional Group for Africa was created by SG12 in support of the needs of one of the world's regions, and any issues related to SG12 being its parent group are addressed in this Question.
Consistent with the above, this Question itself does not usually produce any Recommendations.Question
This Question asks, but is not limited to, the following:
- What new/revised Questions are needed to evolve the work programme of SG12?
- When contributions or liaisons are addressed to SG12, on topics not covered by any existing Questions, what is the SG12 view—and any recommended action?
- What are the results of TSB initiatives, or actions of other SGs or SDOs, that need to be considered under the Study Group work programme?
- What ITU-T coordination is needed for the studies carried out on QoS/QoE?
- Is harmonization needed among ITU-T Recommendations on QoS/QoE?
- What collaboration is needed on QoS issues with other bodies in the industry?
- What are the needs and issues expressed by developing countries on QoS and QoE, and how can SG12 provide support in the course of its work?
- What contributions from groups for which SG12 is the parent, such as the Regional Group for Africa, can be implemented in Recommendations, Guides or Handbooks?
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- identify new/revised Questions needed in the SG12 work programme to address QoS/QoE issues in the rapidly changing ICT marketplace;
- coordinate QoS/QoE-related activities in the ITU-T (ongoing);
- collaborate on QoS/QoE with other standards bodies (ongoing);
- provide leadership on QoS/QoE related issues to TSAG and the TSB, as needed;
- create other SG12 Regional Groups, as needed;
- respond to actions required in liaisons addressed to SG12 on issues for which no other Question is responsible.
An up-to-date status of work under this Question is contained in the SG12 work programmehttp://www.itu.int/ITU-T/workprog/wp_search.aspx?q=1/12
- All Recommendations under the responsibility of SG12
- Any Question in the ITU-T that has QoS/QoE aspects
- All ITU-T Study Groups with activities related to QoS
- All standards-related organizations working on QoS/QoE, such as ETSI, IETF, ATIS, TIA, IEEE, 3GPP, MEF, BBF, etc.