26 November, Bogotá, Colombia: ITU workshop on the future of TV for the Americas
Industry players, governments and regulators are invited to join an ITU workshop on the ‘Future of TV for the Americas’ in Bogotá, Colombia, 26 November 2018. The workshop is free of charge and open to all.
The workshop will discuss opportunities for the Americas to capitalize on the latest innovations in TV technology, covering the delivery of TV and related broadband services over the air as well as cable.
- Business dynamics will be in focus with analyses of international market trends and the evolution of TV business models.
- Case studies of national and regional approaches to TV regulation will identify emerging best practices and issues to be addressed by future regulation.
- TV technology experts will highlight new opportunities to deploy smart TV terminals and user interfaces taking advantage of virtual and augmented reality, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and emerging 5G systems.
The workshop will be held in conjunction with the 21-28 November meeting of the ITU standardization expert group for ‘Broadband cable and TV’, ITU-T Study Group 9. Discussing trends in regional and international standardization, the workshop will assist ITU-T Study Group 9 in meeting the needs of the Americas.
The Bogotá workshop is part of a new series of ITU events on the future of TV. It follows an ITU workshop on the ‘Future of Cable TV’ in Geneva, 25-26 January 2018, which resulted in the publication of the ITU report ‘The Future of Cable TV – Trends and Implications’.
Learn more about ITU-T Study Group 9
The international standards developed by ITU-T Study Group 9 support telecommunication systems in distributing TV and sound programs incorporating advanced capabilities such as ultra-high definition and 3D TV. This work also supports the use of cable and hybrid networks – primarily designed for the distribution of TV and sound programs to the home – as integrated broadband networks to provide interactive voice, video and data services, including Internet access.
- An Executive Summary of the January 2018 meeting of ITU-T Study Group 9 can be found here…
- All approved ITU standards under the responsibility of ITU-T Study Group 9 can be found here…
- Recently approved ITU standards (2017-2020 study period) developed by ITU-T Study Group 9 can be found here…
- Draft ITU standards under development within ITU-T Study Group 9 can be found here…
Experts interested in contributing to the work of ITU-T Study Group 9 are invited to contact the group’s secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.