(continuation of part of Q.2/4 and Q.7/4)
The telecommunications industry has recognized the benefits of telecoms management for the communications of Business to Business (B2B) management information (e.g. Service Provider to Service Provider, Service Provider to Network Operator and Network Operator to Network Operator), and Customer to Business (C2B) management information (e.g. Service Customer to Service Provider) including Customer Network Management. These benefits are essential to the communications between the Business enterprises and National Administrations / Governments (Business to Government – B2G) as well. The required B2G interfaces need to be specified to cope with the ever increasing demand for a prompt, reasonable cost, automated, time effective communication process between Government and the business enterprise.
It is important to specify the management functionality and associated management information to be communicated across these interfaces. In particular, with the rapid introduction of Next Generation Networks many Network Operators and Service Providers are evolving their circuit switched networks to packet-based networks. This Question is the lead question in SG2 for tML and Telecommunications for Disaster Relief.
Close cooperation is required with other SDOs and forums.
Study items to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- What additional telecoms management principles and architecture are required for the B2B and C2B interface to support the Service Life-cycle?
- What additional M.3050 processes and process elements are required to support B2B and C2B aspects of telecom management including the; strategy and commit, infrastructure lifecycle management, product lifecycle management, operations support and readiness, fulfilment, assurance and billing process areas as they relate to Market Product and Customer Management, Service Management, Resource Management and Supplier/Partner management (M.3050 Processes)?
- What enhancements to M.3050 and M.3060 are required to support Customer/User Self Service?
- What are the requirements for tML to support the use of XML for communications over the B2B and C2BInterfaces?
- What additional communication requirements and services, including those for security, need to be specified to support the B2B and C2B interfaces in support of legal and regulatory requirements for Administrations?
- What information must be exchanged between service providers to support SLAs for end-to-end QoS?
- What enhancements are required to M.1400 series Recommendations to support new technologies? What information must be exchanged between service customers and service providers to support customer/user self service management?
- What maintenance is required for Recommendation M.1400 series, M.3320, M.1500 Series, X.160 Series, and X.170 Series?
- What service management functions and management information is necessary to exchange across the B2B and C2B Interface to meet the requirement of E.106 to manage the Telecommunications for Disaster Relief for NGN networks?
- What management requirements are needed for telecom operators and their customers to support Identity management (IdM) including T-SPID) and its harmonization with M.1400 series Recommendations?
- What are the objectives and goals to be achieved, the content, scope, and type of information to be exchanged through the B2G interface?
- What are the B2G interface requirements?
- What is the regulatory impact on the business processes described in M.3050 and other related Recommendations?
- What are candidate Recommendations to be reused in order to meet B2G Interface requirements specification?
- What new Recommendations and modifications to existing Recommendations would be necessary to meet B2G interface requirements?
Further items of study can be identified later
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Specify the B2B, C2B and B2G interface security requirements to support the interconnection needs of the SP to SP, SP to NO, SP to SC and SP/NO to G interfaces.
- Specify the requirements to support the needs for the B2B and C2B Interfaces based on the M.3020 methodology.
- Update the B2B and C2B Interface requirements documents as appropriate, (e.g., Recommendations M.3320, M.3341, and M. 3350).
- Formulate other B2B and C2B interface requirements document in support of M.3050 processes.
- Identify the requirements for management of Customer/User Self Service.
- Enhance M.1400 series Recommendations to support new technologies.
- Maintain Recommendations M.1400 series, M.1520, M.1530, M.1532, M.1535, M.1537, M.1539, X.160, X.161, X.162, X.163, X.170 and X.171.
- Specify the requirements to support the needs for the B2G Interfaces based on the M.3020 methodology.
- Coordinate any impact of B2G requirements or specifications on the JCA-Mgt.
Recommendations: SG2 Recommendations in the M series
Study Groups: 13, 15, 17
Standardization bodies: ATIS, DMTF, ETSI, IETF, OASIS, TMForum