As a complement to the documents on the pre-seminar web tutorial, this introductory part performs a deeper study of basic concepts about Spectrum Management and Regulation, both at international and national level, and the role of ITU on this regard, remarking the relevance of international register of radio communications stations. It then reviews:
- Fundamentals on Spectrum Management: national and international approach
- ITU Fundamentals and Structure; ITU basic texts
- ITU-R structure and functions; ITU-R Study Groups; ITU BR Structure
- ITU-R issues: Recommendations, Reports, Handbooks
- Radio Regulations (RR) and their associated Rules of Procedure (RoP).
- Master International Frequency Register (MIFR)
- World Radio Conferences and Radio Assemblies; WRC-15 Agenda
Web tutorial, accompanied by this introduction are then a previous step, to further understand key concepts when dealing with space and terrestrial services international regulation, and international register of stations associated to them, which are explained in detail in their respective sections.