|Description de l'activité:
Increase computer and Internet literacy through focusing on rural areas and low-income persons and providing free basic training on the use of communications and information technology for individuals in all regions, through:
1. Introducing the importance of telecommunications and information technology in society to the targeted groups.
2. Identifying the multiple uses of communications and information technology.
3. Conducting training for the targeted groups to equip them with basic skills on the use of computers and the Internet.
4. Providing an appropriate training environment to learn the basic skills on the use of computers in areas where institutes and training centers are not available.
5. Facilitating access to government and commercial services through introducing the government and commercial electronic services projects in the Kingdom.
6. Encouraging people in rural areas, villages and hamlets to learn to use computers and the Internet by giving them basic skills in this area.
Residents of rural areas/villages and low-income persons who have not had the opportunity to acquire the skills to use computers and the Internet; also students at the primary and intermediate levels in the general education system in those areas.
Training is conducted through five mobile classrooms equipped with all required equipment, training materials, trainer and driver, shuttling between villages within planned routes specified by the Ministry and staying for one week in each location. Training programs on the use of computers and the Internet last for 10 hours for each group with a capability of four groups during the week.