National Information & Communication Technology Strategic Plan (NICTSP) 2011–2014: Towards i-Mauritius website of the activity
The initial National Information & Communication Technology Strategic Plan (NICTSP) NICTSP 2007-2011 has been reviewed to assess whether the country is on track to achieve the broader targets as set out in the plan and to what degree these projects need to be reprioritised. This has led to the formulation of the new NICTSP 2011-2014 ‘Towards i-Mauritius’ which has already been approved by the Government and is currently being implemented.
The NICTSP 2011-2014 aims to accelerate growth by making the ICT sector a stronger pillar of the economy. The strategic areas of
- Reviewing of the regulatory, institutional and policy frameworks to attract investment in the ICT sector and to enhance the
performance and optimization of IT services;
- Positioning Mauritius as an excellent export destination and a regional ICT hub;
- Enhancing e-government services;
- Providing a secure and reliable ICT environment for online transactions;
- Investing in human capital development for ICT; and
- Elaboration and Implementation of a Broadband strategy.