The Arab Library is a comprehensive Arabic book portal, as part of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation’s publishing strategy. The inclusive e-library comprises numerous books, poems, biographies, periodicals, and articles easily accessed by Arab users.
This initiative answers Arab researchers’ needs by providing them with easy access to resources. Additionally, the Arab Library contributes to the enrichment of online Arabic content, as it seeks to become the world’s largest Arabic online library.
The portal provides users with advanced electronic applications allowing them to communicate with the portal management team. Among these applications are polls, quizzes, Oktub and Tarjem Programmes, as well as many other interactive services.
Similar initiatives supported by the Foundation, including the Arab Narrative Encyclopedia and Al Ghani Dictionary, are in the pipeline.
The portal currently includes:
• Around 2000 books with 30 new books uploaded each month;
• 1180 complete issues of three important periodicals (Al Risalah, Fatat Al Sharq, and Lughat Al Arab);
• Reviews of 500 Arabic and foreign books published recently, to which 2 new reviews will be added daily;
• 5000 biographies of Arab literary figures; and
• 7 complete dictionaries such as Lisan Al Arab, Al Sahah, and Asas Al Balagha.