|Description de l'activité:
The Information and Communication Technology Fund is a new venture dedicated to advancing the UAE ICT sector, both regionally and internationally. It proudly stands as another example of the UAE's commitment to innovation and progress. The first of its kind in the Middle East, the ICT Fund is designed to fuel innovative research & development projects within the UAE ICT sector and to provide support, education and training in the field. With a firm belief that technology is the creative engine of all new opportunities, the ICT Fund offers funding to drive result-generating innovation which will have an impact on the region.
The Fund’s objective is to drive the strategic development of the UAE ICT sector in order to strengthen the innovation and knowledge capital in the market by providing research, educational and entrepreneurial opportunities. The ICT Fund focuses its funding along with technical and advisory services on supporting the following core areas to create significant, sustainable innovation:
• Incubators - nurturing business incubators in the UAE to support the development of new ideas and provide early stage startups with financing, management expertise and infrastructure support;
• R&D projects - enabling researchers to carry out world-class research, both basic and applied, and advancing the level of theoretical understanding of ICT subjects as well as their real world applications;
• R&D institutions - supporting the creation of high-quality R&D institutions in the UAE, which focus on basic and applied research and contribute positively to the ICT sector of the country;
• Scholarships - providing educational scholarships to support the education of motivated and capable individuals who are keen to work in and contribute to the UAE ICT sector; and
• Educational institutions - strengthening and setting up educational institutions that offer quality ICT-related courses and that will groom future talent for the country.