|Description de l'activité:
The UAE Government Strategy ensures that the local governments are acting according to the set high level guidelines, which place the citizen on top of its priorities and make sure the governments act in a manner which is accountable, effective and flexible yet creative and forward looking.
The Government Strategy sets the general principles and priorities, which cover the essential elements for any information society developments. The Strategy’s General Principles are:
• Enhance the role of Federal Entities in devising effective regulations and integrated policies by efficient planning and enforcement;
• Enhance effective coordination and cooperation among Federal Entities and Local Governments;
• Focus on delivering high-quality, customer-centric, and integrated government services;
• Invest in human resource capabilities and develop leaders;
• Promote efficient resource management within Federal Entities and leverage dynamic partnerships;
• Pursue a culture of excellence through strategic thinking, continuous improvement in performance , and superior results; and
• Enhance transparency and good governance throughout the Federal Entities.
Moreover, besides focusing on development of the government sector, it tackles other social, economic, and infrastructure issues. Of the Priorities stated in the Strategy are:
Cohesive Society and Preserved Identity:
• First-class Education System;
• World-Class Healthcare;
• Competitive Knowledge Economy;
• Safe Public and Fair Judiciary;
• Sustainable Environment and Infrastructure; and
• Strong Global Standing.
Looking deep into the strategic priorities, we find that a competitive knowledge economy and sustainable environment and infrastructure are of high importance. All other priorities directly or indirectly serve in satisfying the calls of the WSIS Action lines. They also serve to provide the overall framework for the main stakeholders to achieve and excel in their respective fields.