The project focuses on visual depiction of content of existing teaching materials. It involves adding to or substituting certain content with visually supported content. The project owners (schools in the Copperbelt province) will create and collect a variety of visual content. ICTs will be used to make such content not only available but also adaptable. This will improve and positively impact the quality of the teaching process. The exchange of content between schools is of extreme importance to the success of this project.
The Ministry of Education has set goal and formulated strategies to address the challenges they are currently facing. In this ICTs are recognised and treated as integral part of the measures taken, especially with regard to access to education and improvement of teaching and learning. The ENEDCO project specifically should improve the national performance at School Certificate in a relevant and diverse curriculum, which develops appropriate skills and knowledge for employment. Ultimately, that the project will contribute to the improvement of the Zambian economy through strengthened human capacity.
Specific objectives of the project are:
* To increase learning outcome in the concerned subject in pilot schools;
* To create teaching and learning content which is visually enhanced using ICTs;
* To package and distribute in CD DVD ROM visually enhanced pieces of content in one identified and recommended subject by the pilot schools;
* To increase knowledge and skills (capacity) at Mpelembe and pilot school to enable them undertake visualization activities;
* To promote the exchange of knowledge gained in this project by establishing and supporting teacher’s networks.