International Trade and Sustainable Development: Accessing Information on WTO, NEPAD, ACP–EU Agreements for Civil Society Organizations in Nigeria. website of the activity
The CSO Working Group on Globalization, Trade and Sustainable Development (TSD-Nigeria) is a platform for articulating CSO inputs into the Nigerian, Regional and Global Trade Agenda. It was formed in May 2004 by participants at a series of National Stakeholders Workshops held across the country facilitated by DevNet with the Support of Heinrich Boll Foundation, Lagos. .
DevNet will provide Secretarial responsibilities and manage this website.
This website will:
1. Facilitate the understanding of the entire business of International Trade, Globalization, WTO, NEPAD, ACP-EU Agreements on National Development with special focus on Food Security and Sustainable Development.
2. Facilitate the Capacity Building of Civil Society Stakeholders in the articulation of and participation in the negotiation processes of International Trade agreements especial WTO, ACP-EU and NEPAD.
3. Facilitate Civil Society / Government Dialogue on Nigeria’s International Trade Commitments.
4. Facilitate the establishment and strengthening of a Civil Society / Government Stakeholders Working Group on International Trade and Sustainable Development.
5. Facilitate the articulation of Civil Society input into the Federal Governments Trade Policy, its strategic focus and deliverables.
6. Facilitate the establishment of institutional frameworks for cascading the knowledge and implementation of the Governments Trade Policy at State and Local Government Levels.
7. Facilitate general public awareness of International Trade issues.
WSIS action lines related to this activity: Theme 1. The role of governments and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development
Theme 3. Access to information and knowledge
Theme 4. Capacity building
Theme 6. Enabling environment
Theme 7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life
Theme 10. Ethical dimensions of the Information Society
Theme 15. Towards WSIS Phase 2 (Tunis) (PoA, Section F)
Related MDGs: MDG 1. Eradicate poverty and hunger
MDG 2. Achieve Universal Primary Education
MDG 3. Promote gender equality & empower women
MDG 4. Reduce child mortality
MDG 7. Ensure environmental sustainability
MDG 8. Develop a global partnership for development
Project, Conference, Training initiative
Completed: 02/04/2005 - 11/03/2005
Heinrich Boll Foundation, Nigeria
250 NGOs across Nigeria.