Statement by Talal Abu-Ghazaleh
1. I speak as a developing world private sector firm: the Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization.
2. Yet, I also proudly serve as Chair of E-Business Information Technology &Telecom Commission ( EBITT) at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Paris -with Maria Cattaui- and as Vice-Chair of the UN Information and Communications Technology Task Force (UN ICT TF) -with President Jose-Maria Figueres and Sarbuland Khan.
3. The follow up process to Tunis needs to define the implementation mechanism, the resources required and an accountability system for the execution of the Geneva Action Plan.
4. We are indebted to the US for giving the world the Internet.
5. This successful predominately "Developing World Summit" in Geneva will hopefully take us to another "Developed/Developing World Summit in Tunis".
6. On the acute chain of the many global divides, allow me to tell you the story of the race between the developed (lions) and the developing (gazelles).
· Lions need to run only faster than the slowest gazelle to catch one
An Ugly world, God forbid.
7. In closing, I quote a wise man, JMFO, who said: men are measured by the
value of things they own. When they die he who has most wins.
basic information | first phase: Geneva | second phase: Tunis | stocktaking | newsroom | links
|Top - Copyright ę WSIS 2006 All Rights
Reserved - Logo Policy
Updated : 2003-12-17