Online resources and articles: Emerging
telecommunication policy and regulatory issues
- The Aspen Institute, R.M. Entman (Rapporteur),
Policy Issues for Telecommunications Reform:
Reports of the 2005 Aspen Institute Conferences on
Telecommunications and Spectrum Policy, 2006.
- Danish Technological Institute,
Nordic foresights and visions on ICT in healthcare,
security, the experience economy and production systems,
- DiploFoundation, Internet Governance Research Project,
The protection of the public interest with regards to the
internet, February 2006.
- European Commission,
Your voice on RFID: Background document for public
consultation on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID),
- R. Mansell, “Introduction
– Human Rights and Equity in Cyberspace” in M. Klang
& A. Murray (eds), in Human rights in the digital age,
Glasshouse Press, 2006.
- A. Henten, R. Samarajiva & W.H. Melody,
Designing Next Generation Telecom Reform: ICT Convergence
or Multisector Utility? January 2003.
- Hogan and Hartson & Analysys, prepared for the European
Preparing the next steps in regulation of electronic
communications - A contribution to the review of the
electronic communications regulatory framework, July
- IDATE, Communications & Strategies,
Technological Convergence and Regulation: Challenges
Facing Developing Countries, Special Issue, WSIS,
- ITU New Initiatives Programme, L. Srivastava, I. Silver
& R. Kirwan,
Issues Paper: The Regulatory Environment for Future Mobile
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI),
Consultation Paper on Issues relating to Convergence and
Competition in Broadcasting and Telecommunications,
- ITU New Initiatives Programme, G. Gow,
Privacy and Ubiquitous Network Societies, March
ITU Internet Reports 2006: digital.life, December
ITU Internet Reports 2005: The Internet of Things,
- ITU, GSR Discussion Paper,
International Internet Interconnection
, E. Lie, February 2007.
- R. Mansell,
Security Challenges of Networks: Cyber Trust and Cyber
Crime, EDS Innovation Research Programme, Discussion
Paper, March 2006.
- Ofcom, Section 2: "The
changing nature of regulation in the public interest",
in Communications - The next decade: A collection of essays
prepared for the UK Office of Communications, November 2006.
Telecommunication Regulatory Institutional Structures and
Responsibilities, January 2006.
The implications of WiMax for competition and regulation,
- RTR (Germany),
ICT best practices in Denmark, Estonia, Finland, the
Republic of Korea, Sweden and Switzerland, March
- The World Bank (J. Bezzina),
Interconnection Challenges in a Converging Environment:
Policy Implications for African Telecommunications
Regulators, June 2005.