Switzerland Gr4: +41 22 730 65 00
Date:16 September 1997 Time:Page 1/2 Ref:SPU\EA\KB\ml
To:- Member States and Sector Members of the ITU

- Participants of the MoU Meetings of 14 February,
3-4 April and 17-18 July 1997

- Organizations which have the right to attend ITU
Conferences and meetings as observers

Fax:+Circular-Letter No. 58

Accelerated Procedure via facsimile
From:Pekka TARJANNE, Secretary-General For your reply:
Contact:Kareem BOUSSAID, SPU E-Mail: Boussaid@itu.int
Fax: +41 22 730 6675 Tel: +41 22 730 5900
Subject:Third meeting of Signatories and potential signatories
of the GMPCS-MoU (6-7 October 1997)

Dear Sir/Madam,

The second meeting of Signatories and intended Signatories (Geneva, 17 and 18 July 1997)

decided that a GMPCS-MoU Signatories meeting, to which potential Signatories should also be invited, would be held on 6 and 7 October 1997 to consider the role of the ITU Secretariat in supporting work on GMPCS-MoU, particularly in the light of the 1997 Council's decision that such work should be undertaken on the basis of full cost recovery.

I hereby extend an invitation to you to attend this meeting to discuss a proposal which I intend to submit on the Secretary-General's Role as Depository of the MoU, including :

To enable the Secretariat to make the necessary practical arrangements for the meeting, I should be grateful if you would complete the enclosed registration form and fax it to the Strategic Planning Unit by 29 September 1997.

Yours faithfully,

Pekka TARJANNE

Secretary-General