|CEO and Co-Founder|
|Mr. Eugene Kaspersky|
Eugene Kaspersky, CEO and Co-Founder, Kaspersky Lab, is a mathematical engineer who has developed some of the most advanced anti-virus software in the world. He graduated from Moscow’s Institute of Cryptography, Telecommunications and Computer Science in 1987 to start work at a multi-disciplinary research institute. It was there that Eugene first began to study computer viruses.
In 1989 Eugene detected and analysed the ‘Cascade’ virus on his computer, and developed a disinfection utility for it. He started collecting malicious programs and disinfection modules for them, and this exotic collection would go on to become the foundation of the Kaspersky Anti-Virus database, which today includes more than eight million records and 94 million samples of malware, and is one of the most complete antivirus databases in the world.
In 1997, Eugene and his colleagues from the KAMI Information Technologies Centre decided to establish an independent company. From that moment, he has headed the company's antivirus research and was named CEO of Kaspersky Lab in 2007. At the moment Kaspersky Lab is an international group that registered its holding in Great Britain and employs over 2,400 highly-qualified specialists. The company currently operates in more than 200 countries and territories across the globe and has its own regional offices in 30 countries.
Eugene holds a large number of national and international awards for his long track record of technological, scientific, and business achievements. Notable among hundreds of honors and awards are:
- Honorary Doctor, Plymouth University, UK - 2012
- Member of “The Top 10 Innovators Of 2011”, CRN - 2011
- Outstanding Contribution to Business Award, CEO Middle East - 2011
- World’s Most Powerful Security Exec, SYS-CON Media - 2011
- CEO of the Year, SC Magazine - 2010
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Virus Bulletin - 2010
- Strategic Brand Leadership Award, World Brand Congress - 2010
- State Prize of the Russian Federation - 2009
- National Friendship Award of China - 2009