3rd ITU Interop Event on IPTV, Pune, India, 14-17 December 2010
14-15 December – Conformity and Interoperability testing:
16-17 December – Showcasing:
- Testing of ITU-T IPTV standards including ITU-T H.701 (error-recovery), ITU-T H.721 (IPTV terminal), ITU-T H.740 (audience measurement), ITU-T H.750 (metadata), ITU-T H.761 (Ginga-NCL), ITU-T H.762 (LIME: interactive multimedia) and ITU-T H.770 (service discovery).
- A report of the test outcomes will be fed into the standards development process.
- The testing event is restricted to engineers of organizations that implement ITU-T’s IPTV suite of standards. Access to the venue will be restricted and equipment will be guarded in a secure manner.
- Participation in the testing and/or showcasing costs CHF 3'000 per organization. A special 20% discount is offered to organizations who participated in the 1st ITU Interop (Geneva, July 2010) and/or the 2nd ITU Interop (Singapore, September 2010), i.e., they pay
CHF 2'400. There is no limit on number of participants per organization.
17 December – Workshop:
- Participating organizations (exhibitors): Organizations registered as participants in the testing event above will showcase to the market the interoperability of their IPTV products. ITU will prepare a schedule of private one-on-one showcasing demo appointments to target potential customers. There will also be a group/public showcasing session. Participating organizations are encouraged to ensure that their marketing colleagues are in close contact with ITU on this element of the event.
- Showcasing visitors: Regulators, broadcasters, telecoms companies, system integrators, test laboratories, artists, universities, general public and others are invited to visit the showcasing event.
Showcasing visits are free to both ITU members and non-members. To secure your visit, contact us now at
- The workshop will facilitate the dialogue among various stakeholders for them to share information and to further promote cooperation between organizations interested in IPTV deployment. To participate in this workshop, please register here. More information, including the draft programme and practical information for the workshop will be made available here.