The objective of the Information Services Department is to provide information and communications
technology (infrastructure and basic services) for all ITU Sectors and departments and provide IT
support to meetings, conferences and events. The activities of the Information Services Department
are focused on strategic ICT objectives relating to the management and dissemination of
Strategic ICT Priorities
- efficient working of the entire ITU (including field offices) and good management of ITU
- expediting the work of ITU participatory activities: study groups, forums and conferences;
- maximizing the value of ITU information for the membership and the global
telecommunication community, thereby promoting ITU and strengthening its public presence.
- Optimize and integrate current information systems and services based upon a riskmanagement
framework (COBIT) and through multi-sourcing.
- Establish and centralize all functions related to systems development so as to avoid the risk of
systems development becoming fragmented.
- Enhance staff competence and improve job performance through knowledge and use of
information technology and resources.
ICT Services for Membership