The Information Services Department (IS) is the focal point for the ITU information technology services, managing ERP, CRM, documents, information systems and infrastructure, service-desk, library, archives and information management services, safety and security (both physical and logical), to support staff both at Headquarters and in the Field, as well as delegates attending conferences, meetings and events world-wide. It also promotes ICT collaboration, partnerships and information-sharing and represents ITU in inter-organization meetings and committees related to information technology and security management.
Strategic ICT Priorities
- efficient working of the entire ITU (including field offices) and good management of ITU
- expediting the work of ITU participatory activities: study groups, forums and conferences;
- maximizing the value of ITU information for the membership and the global
telecommunication community, thereby promoting ITU and strengthening its public presence.
- Optimize and integrate current information systems and services based upon a riskmanagement
framework (COBIT) and through multi-sourcing.
- Establish and centralize all functions related to systems development so as to avoid the risk of
systems development becoming fragmented.
- Enhance staff competence and improve job performance through knowledge and use of
information technology and resources.
ICT Services for Membership