The mission of the General Secretariat is to provide high-quality and efficient services to the membership of the Union. The General Secretariat manages the administrative and financial aspects of the Union’s activities, including the provision of conference services, planning and organization of major meetings, information services, security, strategic planning, and corporate functions such as: communications, legal advice, finance, personnel, procurement, internal audit, etc.
The key objectives of the General Secretariat of ITU are:
- Information to membership on activities and financial status
- Effective management of the Union
- Intersectoral coordination of activities
- International cooperation and agreements
- Information exchange and ITU promotion