The Permanent Mission of the Republic of Rwanda to the United Nations, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and UN Women invite you to join us at this side event of the sixty-first session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW61).
When: Tuesday, 21 March 2017 1:15pm - 2:30pm
Where: UN Express Bar, UN Headquarters, New York City
This side event will serve as an opportunity to take action, bring and seek for more stakeholders to join EQUALS
, and to bring awareness to connectivity, universal and affordable access, digital literacy and the cross-cutting catalytic role of ICT/ Broadband in order to achieve the 2030 agenda and bridge the gender digital divide.
- The event will be an opportunity to showcase best practices and programs around the world.
- Provide a global platform for all stakeholders, governments, policy makers, the private sector, civil society, and also a call for actions to embrace EQUALS through global partnership to close the digital gender gap.
- Emphasize the crucial role of ICTs/Broadband as a powerful tool for all the 17 goals of the SDGs, and particularly for women and girls empowerment.
H.E Permanent Representative and Cabinet member
Mrs. Valentine Rugwabiza
A video message from
Ms. Geena Davis
Representative, UN Women
Ms. Amanda McIntyre, Head of the Office for Women, Dept. of the Prime Minister and Cabinet of Australia
Ms. Janet Longmore, Founder and CEO, Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT)
Mr. Didier Nkurikiyimfura, Head of Technology and Innovation Smart Africa Secretariat
Ms. Allyson Knox, Education Director for Policy and expert on STEM/CS, Microsoft
Mr. Gary Fowlie, Head, ITU Liaison Office to the United Nations
- The event will kick-off with introductory remarks and short presentations of panellists.
- A short video can be presented.
- Interactive panel focused on questions on how to progress towards SDG 5b.
- The panel will include the Q&A from audience.
- Closing remarks by Keynote Speaker.
- Group picture with the EQUALS sign.
Download the event flyer