(Established 2009-11; Terminated 2013-03)
The Focus Group on Car Communication (FG CarCOM) was established by SG 12 at its 3 - 12 November 2009 meeting. It was successfully concluded in March 2013.
The objective of the Focus Group is to develop a new set of requirements and specifications to help advance the work of the ITU-T SG 12, mainly Questions 4/12 and 12/12 and to encourage the participation in this activity of members of other standards organisations involved in car and Telecommunications/ICT industries, including experts and individuals who may not be members of ITU. The main focus is on sub-system level requirements, in car communication and requirements/testing of frontends used for speech recognition in cars.
Terms of reference:
The following areas should be addressed in the future activity of the Focus Group:
FG CarCOM Charter
- In car communication: Quality parameters and testing methods
- Interaction of car hands free systems with the radio channel
- Requirements for car hands-free on a sub-system level
- Requirements and testing procedures for super-wideband and fullband systems, interaction with the other audio components and systems in the car
- Special requirements/testing procedures for speech recognition systems in cars
- Quality models: what and how can be applied for the car environment?