1. What are the informal FTP areas (IFAs)?
These electronic facilities are available to the Study Groups for their correspondence work. They are used by the participants as a repository and an exchange facility for documents they are working on.2. How are the informal FTP areas structured?
The informal FTP areas structure comprises three main folders:
- docs - The docs folder contains the mirror of meeting documents from DMS. This folder is Read Only to ITU-T members and is managed by TSB and IS. This area will be archived in place at the end of the study period.
- exchange - The exchange folder is the working area where the Study Group participants can upload and exchange files/documents. This area is organized by the official Study Group structure. ITU-T members have Read+Write access from the Working Party (wp) folders. This area will be archived in place at the end of the study period.
- temp - The temp folder is the informal area where the Study Group participants can upload and exchange files/documents. This folder is Read+Write for ITU-T members. This area will be deleted at the end of the study period.
A detailed description of the structure of a Study Group's informal FTP area is available in the Electronic Working Methods (EWM) page of the Study Groups.
3. Who can access to a Study Group's informal FTP area (IFA)?
Access to the Study Groups' informal FTP areas (IFA) is restricted to ITU-T members (Sector Member
) and ITU-T Associates*
ITU-T Associates are entitled to the have access only to the informal FTP area of the Study Group to which they participate.4. What account should I use to access a Study Group's informal FTP area (IFA)?
A TIES account or a Guest account is required to access the informal FTP areas.
Find out if you are eligible to have a TIES account
You can use your Guest account to access the informal FTP area only after approval from an ITU-T Study Group Counsellor.5. How can I access the informal FTP areas?
Log in with your TIES or your Guest username and password.
is to be replaced with the corresponding Study Group number.Via the Web using a web browser
Via FTP using a FTP client
- For Study Groups 2 to 17: http://ifa.itu.int/t/2013/sg#/
- For TSAG: http://ifa.itu.int/t/2013/tsag/
6. How can I upload a document to the FTP areas using a web browser?
- Remote hostname: ifa.itu.int
- Subdirectory for Study Groups 2 to 17: /t/2013/sg#/
- Subdirectory for TSAG: /t/2013/tsag/
Using Mozilla Firefox: Free add-ons (ex. FireFTP
) which provide easy and intuitive access to FTP servers are available for Mozilla Firefox.
Using Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Type ftp://ifa.itu.int/t/2013/sg#/ on the address bar.
- Log in with your TIES or Guest account.
- To view the FTP site in Windows Explorer, click Page, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer.