|09:30 - 10:00
- Khin Maung Thet, Director General, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Republic of the Union of Myanmar
- Chasik Leem, President, Telecommunications Technology Association (TTA), Korea
- Malcolm Johnson, Director, Telecommunication Standardization Bureau (TSB, ITU) [ Biography | Speech ]
10:30 - 12:00
Session 1: ITU Activities on Bridging the Standardization Gap (BSG)
This session will provide an overview of how developing countries can participate effectively in the standardization process in ITU.
Moderator: Dr. Moe Pwint, Pro-Rector, University of Computer Science (Pyay)
- Vijay Mauree, Programme Coordinator, ITU: ITU-T Activities for Bridging Standardization Gap (BSG) [ Biography | Presentation ]
- Sameer Sharma, Senior Advisor, ITU Asia-Pacific Regional Office: Activities of BDT for BSG [ Biography | Presentation ]
- Vijay Mauree, Programme Coordinator, ITU: Setting up a national standardization secretariat for coordinating with ITU-T Study Groups [ Biography | Presentation ]
13:30 - 16:00
Session 2: ICT Standardization Challenges
This session will consider the ICT standardization framework of countries in the region and analyze some of the challenges that countries face to implement international ICT standards and to participate in the international ICT standards development process.
Moderator: Dr Jongbong Park, Director, TTA, Korea