How to compute the cost recovery fee for a satellite network filings?
It is now possible to compute an estimate of the cost recovery fee for a filing before it is submitted to the ITU. You would need SPACECAP, which can be downloaded from the web or from BRIFIC 2561 or later.
When spacecap has been started,
- First, open a database (mdb format) of a satellite network filing using SPACECAP.
- Click on Notice Explorer.
- Select the desired notice from the list.
- From the Tools menu, select Cost Recovery Analysis (Dec 482 C2005).
- When the computation is computed, the results of the cost recovery analysis can be viewed either in a summary or detail format.
Please note that for notices submitted in 2006, you should use the menu item: Cost Recovery Analysis (Dec 482 C2005)
For notices submitted in 2005, you should use the menu item: Cost Recovery Analysis (Dec 482 C2004)
You can refer to the circular letter CR/245
for more information about the rules governing cost recovery, or visit the cost recovery web page to find other related documents.