For faster processing and publishing, a template has been prepared for delegates that wish to make a contribution to the ITU-D Study Groups meetings, this will minimize formatting at the receiving end.
- Select the meeting for which you wish to submit a contribution
- Source: indicate the entity which you represent at the meeting
- Title: include the title of the proposal/document
- Indicate whether your document is for action or for information*
- Action required: if the document is submitted for action, the action expected from the meeting should be clearly indicated
- Revision: if the document is a revision of an existing document, please indicate the number of the original document
- Questions: click only those Questions to which the proposal relates
- Abstract: this field should include a short summary of the proposal
- Text of contribution: This is where the text of your document is to be pasted. If you have tables, graphics, figures or other non-textual elements, they will not be suitably reformatted by the system. In order to solve this shortcoming,you are kindly requested to upload the Word version of the document in the step following the submission of the contribution (step 13).
- Enter your contact details for the contribution. These details will be displayed in the footer of the final document.
- Click Submit. This will display on-screen the submitted document to enable you to review or amend as required. If you wish to make changes, click the "modify request" on the bottom right-corner of the page. Make your changes and click "modify" to save whatever changes you have made.
- When finished, click the "confirm request" button.
- In the following step, you will be able to upload the original Word file by clicking "here". This will open an email message which should be used to send the Word file. The secretariat will be able to include these non-textual elements based on the Word model you uploaded, in the final formatted document to be published.
* As per Resolution 1 (Rev Hyderabad, 2010) input to Study Group or Rapporteur Group meetings may be of five types:
- Contributions for action;
- Contributions for information;
- Background documents;
- Temporary documents;
- Liaison statements.
Contributions to the Study Group Questions can be submitted for consideration as "for action" or "for information".
Contributions requiring action received at least two months before a meeting will be published and distributed in time for the said meeting. These contributions will be translated (if needed) and posted for access by participants in the requested languages before the date set for the meeting. Contributions should be submitted with an abstract providing an overview of the content of the document.
Contributions should clearly indicate what kind of action the meeting is requested to take.
A contribution "for action" will be considered as a delayed contribution when it is submitted after the agreed translation deadline but at least seven calendar days before the opening of the meeting. The delayed contribution for action will be published in the original language only but will appear in the agenda of the meeting.
Contributions submitted to a meeting "for information" are those which do not require any specific action under the agenda of the meeting. These documents are published in the original language only and posted on the website under a separate series. Information documents need to be submitted with a detailed abstract which will be translated for the meeting.
Contributions "for action" and/or "for information" should not exceed five (5) pages and must be submitted using the online template available here