||Delegates Registration in Bangkok Convention Center at Central World|
||Opening ceremony |
The 10th WTIM will be opened by high-level representatives from MICT and ITU and introduce the Chair of the meeting, Ms Jirawan Boonperm, Permanent Secretary, MICT, Thailand.
- Brahima Sanou, Director, Telecommunication Development Bureau, ITU - Speech - [biography]
- H.E. Anudith Nakornthap, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand - Speech - [biography]
- Chair of the WTIM: Jirawan Boonperm, Permanent Secretary, MICT, Thailand - Speech - [biography]
||Introduction to the WTIM 2012 |
ITU will provide an overview of the work carried out over the past year and introduce the meeting agenda.
- Cosmas Zavazava, Chief of Project Support and Knowledge Management Department, ITU/BDT - Speech - [biography]
||High-level panel on national coordination of ICT statistics |
This session, which is added as a new feature to the WTIM, will address ways and means of establishing national coordination mechanisms to ensure the efficient and timely production of ICT statistics. This will be the first time that this topic is addressed by an international high-level panel, comprised of representatives from Ministries, regulatory authorities and national statistical offices. The outcome of the debate is expected to result in a set of recommendations on how to enhance national coordination in the field of ICT statistics, to be adopted at the end of the meeting.
Moderator: Brahima Sanou, Director, Telecommunication Development Bureau, ITU [biography
- Lina V. Castro, Assistant Secretary General, National Statistical Coordination Board, Philippines[biography]
- Salam Yamout, National ICT Strategy Coordinator, Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Lebanon[biography]
- Antonio Casado, Minister Counselor, Embassy of Spain, Thailand (on behalf of Red.es, Spain) - English, Spanish [biography]
- Krishna Oolun, Executive Director, Information and Communication technologies Authority, Mauritius [biography]
- Haishan Fu, Director, Statistics, ESCAP [biography]
- Maitree Wasuntiwongse, Advisor to the Director General of the National Statistics Office, Thailand [biography]
||Session 1: ICT infrastructure and access indicators: EGTI results |
The Chair of the ITU Expert Group on Telecommunication/ICT Indicators (EGTI) will present the results of the work carried out during the past year, complemented by country presentations. The focus will be on the following groups of indicators: (i) investment and revenue in the telecommunication/ICT economy; (ii) mobile-broadband quality of service; (iii) fixed (wired)-broadband quality of service; and (iv) broadband capacity and Internet data traffic. Changes to the existing definitions as well as new indicators agreed to be included in the ITU questionnaires will be presented. In particular, this session will propose detailed guidelines on international harmonization of indicators on investment and revenue in telecommunications.
Moderator: Susan Teltscher, Head, ICT Data and Statistics Division, ITU/BDT [biography
||Session 2: Measuring data traffic |
This session will discuss indicators and international practices for the collection of data on Internet traffic, including voice over IP (VoIP). It will address issues related to the measurement of mobile data flows and fixed data traffic. In addition, the session will present indicators to monitor network capacity, such as core backbone infrastructure.
Moderator: Paul Hamilton, Hamilton Research [biography