Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), at the kind invitation of the General Secretariat for Telecommunications and Post (and Digital Convergence) of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transports and Networks of the Hellenic Republic, is co-organizing the Regional Conference on “Speeding up NGN ubiquity: a pillar for digital growth”, which will take place in Zappeion Megaron in Athens, Greece, from 13 to 14 February 2014.
This Regional Conference should provide an opportunity for high level dialogue between the stakeholders on strategies and policies directed towards broadband development in the region, while discussing the challenges and opportunities offered via high speed networks and e-services provided over the modern infrastructure, including e-learning, e-government, e-health, etc. The Forum will also facilitate discussions on possible challenges that might be addressed at the regional level.
Following themes are to be addressed at the Conference:
- The role of New Generations Networks in Digital Agenda for Europe 2020
- Towards Broadband Ubiquity: Technology & trends
- Demand Side of Broadband Services
- Towards a European Digital Single Market: Telecom Regulation
- Broadband infrastructures in Europe: Funding Tools & Investments