This Recommendation is one of a series defining Message Handling in a distributed open systems environment. It defines the Message Store (MS) service which supports message retrieval from the MS, and message submission through the MS in a Message Handling System. It also provides message administration services.
This edition has been revised to provide improved support in the following areas:
– improved handling of authentication mechanisms when binding to the MS;
– new attributes and procedures for managing multiple certificates in delivered and submitted messages;
– improved handling of message tokens;
– a new set of security errors;
– facilities for recording the signature verification status of delivered messages;
– additional matching rules;
– additional attributes for correlating delivery reports.
In addition, minor errors habe been removed, Message Store procedures have been revised and extended, and numerous clarifications have been introduced.