Amendment 2 to Recommendation T.38 provides for the following updates:
· Support of optional RTP encapsulation when using UDP transport. The optional RTP encapsulation is used when both gateways indicate this capability during call setup.
· Description of the use of redundancy and FEC in the context of UDP/RTP.
· Annex B and Annex D are updated to include negotiation of a RTP-based T.38 capability.
· Annex G is added to specify the signaling of RTP encapsulation of T.38 as a generic H.245 capability.
· Clarification of the version negotiation procedures introduced in T.38 Amendment 1.
· Modification of “no-signal” to allow it to be sent between modem changes (currently practice in implementations).