To achieve greater scalability, this Recommendation decomposes the ITU-T H.323 Gateway function defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.246 into functional subcomponents and specifies the protocols these components use to communicate. This allows implementations of ITU-T H.323 gateways to be highly scalable and encourages leverage of widely deployed Switched Circuit Network (SCN) capabilities such as SS7 switches. This also enables ITU-T H.323 gateways to be composed of components from multiple vendors distributed across multiple physical platforms. The purpose of this Recommendation is to add capabilities currently defined for ITU-T H.323 systems and is intended to provide new ways of performing operations already supported in ITU-T H.323.
This revision contains a number of clarifications on:
– Signal behaviour on new Streams;
– time based Statistics and their applicability to multi flow streams;
– the impact of the Mode property on Statistics;
– Event behaviour with respect to new Streams;
– ServiceChange version handling.