ITU-T Workshop on "Telecommunication Management and Operations Support Systems"
Beijing, China, 22-23 May 2006
An ITU-T workshop on Telecommunication Management and Operations Support Systems
took place at
the XinYuan Hotel in Beijing, China, from 22 to 23 May 2006 inclusive, at the kind invitation of
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT). The workshop was held prior to ITU-T
Study Group 4 meeting which was held at the same venue from 24 May to 2 June 2006 inclusive.
As the lead Study Group on telecommunication management, ITU-T Study Group 4 is responsible for
studies regarding the management of telecommunication services, networks, and equipment, including
support for next generation networks (NGN) and the application and evolution of the telecommunication
management network (TMN) framework. Additionally, it is responsible for other telecommunication
management studies relating to designations, transport-related operations procedures, and test
and measurement techniques and instrumentation.
ITU-T Study Group 4 organized this workshop to discuss the following directions:
- Overview of Operations Support Systems (OSS) development
- Current status analysis of telecommunication network management
- NGN network management solutions
- Considerations and thoughts for the construction of network management systems
- Application of OSS in China
- Overview of Business Support System (BSS) development
- Considerations and thoughts for the construction of BSS
- New technologies in Network Accounting