Where: ITU Headquarters, Monbrillant Building, Rue
de Varembé, N 2, Geneva
When: 1-3 October 2003
The Workshop was organized with the aim to create bridges between the different aspects of the quality
of service and to fill the gaps in the standardization field. Another goal was to find new areas
for and improve collaboration among different standardization bodies in the field and to prepare the
future works to be done in the QoS domains.
Global snapshot of What Industry thinks about QoS was given at the end of the Workshop. The accent
was put on "How do we get it?" aspect.
The overall objectives of the workshop were:
Overview of topics by Workshop day:
- Harmonize the different approaches to common understanding of end-to-end QoS
- Identify obstacles to achieving end-end QoS
- Propose actions to overcome these obstacles
- Create bridges between different aspects of QoS
Program and presentations
- Opening addresses: ITU-T – Mr. H. Zhao, Director of TSB; keynote addresses by other industry leaders as arranged.
Workshop purpose, scope, overview and objectives. QoS economic impacts and stakes. Users’ QoS experience
- QoS efforts in different standards bodies: ITU-T, IETF, ETSI, TOG, TMF, 3GPP, 3GPP2, T1A1. Performance metrics
and measurement techniques.
- QoS classes, definitions. Relationships among layers. Signalling and management. Overall panel discussion and
conclusions. Future perspectives. Overall Workshop conclusions and recommendations.
Convening letter (TSB Circular 167)
Past Workshop on QoS
ITU-T Guide for Beginners
The workshop was audio webcast. To listen to the archive please
go to: http://www.itu.int/ibs/ITU-T/qos/