Using PDF eXpress for Kaleidoscope 2010
- What is it?
PDF eXpress is a web-based service provided by IEEE for
conferences that it (co-)sponsors which facilitates the job of authors for creating compliant PDF files for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
- What is it not?
IEEE PDF eXpress is not a manuscript-collection system. So after generating and/or checking your paper, you still need to submit the PDF version through EDAS.
- How it works
There are two options:
- You check a PDF file that you prepared yourself (after the checking you receive an email that provides details on what might be wrong with your PDF file).
- You provide a source file (WinWord .DOC, LaTeX DVI, etc. see “Supported formats” below) for PDF eXpress to create the PDF for you (after that, you receive an email with the pdf attached).
Whence you have an IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file, then you log in to EDAS and upload the camera-ready file.
- Process Overview
Go to IEEE PDF eXpress™ website (http://www.pdf-express.org), and:
- If first time, click on the link “New Users – Click Here”. Create an IEEE PDF eXpress account, entering basic contact information and the conference ID: K2010x. You will receive a confirmation via email.
If a returning user, just log-in using k2010x as the Conference identifier, the email address you used during registration as your ID, and the password you selected.
If you forgot the password, click on “Forgot your password?”
- For a new paper, click “Create a new title”
- Upload a PDF for Checking or source file(s) for Conversion (get email confirmation of file receipt)
- Submitted PDFs are checked for IEEE Xplore-compatibility (source file(s) are converted to IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs)
If a PDF is submitted: you will receive an email stating that PDF Passed or Failed the Check.
If the PDF fails, a PDF Check report is attached to the email. Author goes to account and clicks
Understanding the PDF Check Report for solutions.
If source is submitted: you will receive the IEEE PDF eXpress-generated PDF as an attachment, and through your IEEE PDF eXpress account.
Review the PDF file to ensure that it views on screen and prints as you intended.
- You can use PDF eXpress to generate PDFs as many times as you need
- When you have an acceptable, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF, submit this final PDF to the secretariat using EDAS.
- Supported formats:
- Microsoft Word
- Rich Text Format
- (La)TeX (a DVI and supported image files must be included in a compressed archive)
- PageMaker (images should not be embedded, included with main file in a compressed archive)
- Word Pro
- Quark (*.qxd and images files must be included in a compressed archive)